Here's a statement released yesterday from the Shasta-Trinity National Forest regarding the road situation into Ah Di Na......
Today, additional work is being completed to clear some rocks off of the roadway and the large tree has been cleared as well. The road will be open to the USFS Campground by this evening (April 27).
NEXT WEEK: We will have a temporary road closure on MAY 4 (next Thursday); to complete the permanent fix at Battle Creek. The road will be closed to vehicles entering and anyone exiting should be prepared to wait until after mid-afternoon before the road will be passable again.
FOLLOWING WEEK: We will have a partial road closure on May 8 (following Monday) to repair the culvert and small hole in the road approximately ¼ mile further up the road from Battle Creek. There is room to go around this spot, but we will need to hold vehicles when the equipment is on the road doing the repair.
Ash Camp: The Hawkins Creek road below McCloud Dam is passable but down to ONE LANE. Please be cautious when driving around the corner; it is narrow with limited sight distance.
Current flows this morning at Ah Di Na are down to 900 cfs, still very high but at least dropping. Lots of snow to melt though, hot days forecast next week.